Friday, May 11, 2007
My good friend Zoe (rhymes with Joey, not Joe by the way LOL) borrowed by iPod today when she went to the gym for a workout.

She came back and announced that my iPod was depressed! Apparently, the music I have on there is sad, maudlin and depressing and made for a difficult workout.

"Don't you have anything, you know, upbeat and poppy?"

"Yes, I think I've got a bit of Kylie on there"

"Well, I couldn't find any! You've got a song about a woman about to burn down her house! (
Sunny Came Home, Shawn Colvin), a song about a woman trapped in a marriage who finally leaves (To Daddy, Emmylou Harris), a song about a couple breaking up (Brick, Ben Folds Five - actually she's wrong about that one, it's actually about the couple getting an abortion) and I don't know how many moody pretentious faux-angst songs by Morrissey and The Cure"

"Oh... I love The Cure!"

LOL.

I guess I never thought that my favourite kind of music could be a bit depressing. But I do like songs that are a little sad. Nine Inch Nails do a fantastic rendition of Hurt by Johnny Cash that I love too LOL.

I guess Zoe won't be borrowing any of my CDs anytime in the future. Nor will I be borrowing any from her, she told me she was off to buy the new April Livigne one, urgh.

Tart at 2:25 PM |

2 Comments:

At 3:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
While I agree with you that Nine Inch Nails are an excellent band. It was their song to start with, and Johnny Cash covered it.
 


At 7:31 PM, Blogger Jo said........
and its not april... its avril.... though you may have just been making fun on her... because i really don't like her..... haha.... i'm glad your back because i missed you!