Tuesday, March 04, 2008
I'm on my own. Yipee. The boyfriend left this morning, won't be stepping foot in this house for another 8 weeks.

To avoid having 8 weeks of Bridget Jones type behaviour (excessive chardonnay consumption and flannel pj wearing)



I thought I'd come up with 56 things to do in the 56 days that the boyfriend will be away. Actually, I had some help with this (thanks SEP message board folks).

So, here's the list (oh, I love lists). I hope to get at least one thing done a day.

1. Sing really really loud in the house
2. Grow fingernails
3. Have a manicure
4. Clean out and organise all the plastic containers
5. Eat a big bag of Twisties
6. Buy a weeks worth of trashy magazines
7. Have a movie marathon - John Hughes classics perhaps? Or a Johnny Depp retrospective?
8. Bake my version of Magnolia Bakery cupcakes
9. Have a boozy night in with the girls
10. Have a facial at the Spa
11. Clear out the garden
12. Have a pedicure
13. Finish my flower painting
14. Clean, repair and polish all my shoes
15. Read the newspaper everyday
16. Get a bikini wax
17. Go to one of the NZ International Festival of the Arts events
18. Walk the City to Sea walk - about a 4 hour walk from Island Bay to the city
19. Rearrange the linen cupboard
20. Find chocolate moulds and clean
21. Go the gym 4 times a week
22. Reconnaissance missions:
22a. Digital camera - investigate prices, brand, specs
22b. Wristwatch - investigate prices, styles
23. Use dental floss every day
24. Buy:
24a. Black trousers
24b. White cropped jacket
24c. Top
24d. Bra and undies
25. Put photos in photo albums
26. Cook 3 dinners a week, at least one meal from a recipe in Cuisine magazine
27. Thorough clean the bathroom
28. Throw out and recycle old magazines
29. Pick up drycleaning
30. Take jeans into be taken up
31. Put in new contact lenses
32. Look at flight prices to Vietnam and San Francisco
33. Use Dermalogica products religiously
34. Go see The Other Boleyn Girl
34a. Try not to cringe at British accents of lead actors
34b. Try to ignore ScarJo's wooden acting
35. Call my Nana
36. Buy birthday presents for my uncle, my sister and my friend
37. Update my contacts list on cellphone
38. Watch the Home & Away omnibus on Sundays
39. Tidy wardrobes
40. Go to the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary
41. Check batteries in smoke alarms
42. Try and buy only organic meat, fruit and vegetables
43. Clean all silver jewellrey
44. Use fabric dye to refresh faded black knit top
45. Clean French plimsols
46. Read, sort and organise bills
47. Pay off credit card
48. Make up mirror frame with azelujo I have had since 2001
49. Clean up computer files
50. Make hair appointment
51. Confirm weekend plans for travelling to Sydney
52. Sleep in until double digits on a weekend
53. Borrow the X-Files boxed DVD set from a friend and watch uninterrupted
54. Use body lotion everyday
55. Return borrowed books to friends/family/colleagues
56. Call the boyfriend everyday just to hear his voice

I think this list is quite achievable. I will keep you updated!

Tart at 9:16 PM |

4 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger Lizzy said........
That clip is great; makes me want to watch the movie again. And you list looks perfect! You'll have to report back and let us know if you were able to get everything done that you wanted to.

Gol, now I want to go clean out a closet or something. Your list has inspired me!
 


At 4:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said........
Ack! You're going to be way more productive than I am with DH away. Perhaps I should make a list...
 


At 7:09 PM, Blogger Sanna said........
This all sounds just great! Hope you find the time to do all that stuff. Is it okay if you do two things on one day or has it to be one a day? Just curious.

Have fun! Love, Sanna
 


At 11:14 AM, Blogger Shosh said........
Sounds like a fantastic plan darlin'.

How long did it take you to come up with this?

Mother, Wife, Et cetera, Etc.,