Monday, September 15, 2008
I really want to make a cake, chocolate preferably, but do you think I can find a recipe to inspire me? No. I want a decadent, moist and chocolatey cake. Maybe a fudgy mud cake? I've got a few recipe books to look at, and there's always google of course (though most of the recipes use american measurements which differ to NZ ones and I can't be faffed working out all the conversions LOL).

I have had to deal with an insurance company today. Sometime on Saturday someone or a group of someones vandalised my BFs car. We don't have offstreet parking (garage, car pad) so have to park on the street. When I went to drive the car on Sunday I noticed a smashed front passenger window and the side wing mirror was gone. His car wasn't the only one damaged either, I spotted about 5 or 6 other cars parked on the road with damage too. So The BF is home from his holiday in the USA on Thursday so I thought I should get onto the insurance company and get the ball rolling on fixing it.

I was away all last week, travelling around the country for work. It sounds fun but it wasn't! It was tiring and at times, boring. Being in a hotel on your own sucks. Even hip and trendy ones with tapas bars and in-room mood lighting, iPod docking stations and free wireless connection.

I'm thinking of booking a weekend holiday break away somewhere - preferably just for me, but with the current relationship woes I'm experiencing, perhaps I should organise a get away for the BF and I. Maybe a romantic, secluded bach? A luxury boutique hotel? Hmm, will have to do a bit of investigating online tomorrow.

Tart at 10:48 PM |

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Lizzy said........
My sister brought me over a cake last night, zucchini chocolate cake. My mom used to make this all the time when we were little but I haven't had it in years. It was so moist and had real bits of chocolate. Oh, it was good. You should definitely make cake. I ate the entire thing. All gone. I have no self control.

That sucks about the car. I hope that sort of thing isn't normal in your new neighborhood. Yikes.