Tuesday, September 23, 2008
I've decided that my boyfriend needs to eat more vegetarian meals. The reason I've decided is that as the chief cook, I enjoy cooking vegetarian meals, especially as I don't like the smell of meat cooking (in particular beef or lamb, makes me gag). But I love the taste of it. I know. I'm weird.

So last night I made this really scrumming couscous and chick pea salad. It was very tasty and moorish. Tonight I made a spanish fritatta (teamed with a rocket salad), it was so nice. The boyfriend wolfed it down. His only complaint was that the fritatta would've been better with some chicken in it LOL.

I'm going to try and cook two non-meat meals each week. Any helpful suggestions, tips or recipes for vegetarian meals that appeal to meat loving men?

I have stumbled across the NZ version of Bag, Borrow or Steal, it's called Loan Me or Own Me. I've already got plans to rent three bags - the Jimmy Choo Nude Biker, Chloe Saskia and maybe the Gucci Pop Bamboo. I'm going to a party at a very hip bar soon (my friend is turning 50, she co-owns a designer clothing boutique so everyone will be very well dressed) so the Chloe Saskia might just work and make everyone think I'm part of the "it" crowd (instead of "cousin it"). I think the only problem I'll have is giving the bags back, I'll probably want to own them all LOL.

Tart at 10:32 PM |

3 Comments:

At 2:49 AM, Blogger Lizzy said........
My husband is a meat lover too and I also hate touching it raw. Thankfully, he does most the cooking because I suck at it. But I do have a recipe I love that's meatless and the hubs loves it too. It's more of a summerish dish, but you could try it.

1/4 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
whole bag of spinach, roughly chopped
handful of cherry tomatoes, havled
salt and pepper
cooked spiral noodles (regular sized box or bag)
little parmesan cheese
1 cup asiago cheese

Heat up the oil on med heat and cook the garlic, add the spinach and tomatoes and cook for a few minutes. Then toss with the noodles and add cheese. It's fast and easy and tasty. And I usually serve with toasted garlic bread.
 


At 4:01 PM, Blogger Shosh said........
My DH is a vegetarian...has been since 1992. I don't think I can stop eating meat. I don't even want to try. It's probably why I'm getting fatter and fatter...but it taste so good!
 


At 1:11 AM, Blogger Sanna said........
You should check out the pioneer woman's recipe site. She has fabulous food and DH and me both love her pizza.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/tomato-basil-pizza-two-ways-an-experiment/