Sunday, August 16, 2009
Had a really lovely birthday week involving lots of good food and good wine and, good pressies.

I don't feel another year older, although my body does. A sore knee and some back pain this week. Great, I'll have to start taking joint care pills soon or buy one of those Magna-Sleep things LOL.

One thing I've become quite a bit obsessive about lately is skin care and make up. I have been pretty lax through out my teens, 20s and early 30s about skin care but have decided I need to make a concerted effort now I'm in my mid-30s (*sob*) lest I end up looking like this woman...



I got given this book for Christmas it and has made for interesting bedtime reading (yes, really LOL). I've started being regimented with skin care (e.g. actually cleaning my face more than once a day) and have been spending an inordinate amount of time at the cosmetics counters at Kirkcaldie & Stains and Farmers. I've tried several different skin care ranges since December and so far, it's the cheapy Olay that works wonders for me. As Paula says, don't be sucked into thinking expensive=better. 

I have also started Jenny Craig. Yep. Decided I need to get serious about shifting this weight and seeing as I really hate to cook for myself (but love to cook for others), the fact that JC provides the food, all packaged and ready to go was a positive. Also, I can take the food with me when I travel, which is one of the big trouble spots for me, eating out or at hotels isn't ideal when you're trying to watch what you eat. The thing with JC I've found (today is my third day) is that the food is nice and there's lots of it. I guess throughout my dieting history (which is long and varied), I always thought I should eat small amounts and only three meals a day. On JC I get to have snacks. Like real snacks, chocolate fudge cookie type snacks. Yum.

I hope to shift this weight by Christmas, but will take it slow and steady. And with the view that I will not gain it all back (as is my pattern).

Tart at 9:56 PM |

0 Comments: