Monday, August 10, 2009
I'm back from five days in Vanuatu.

It was lovely to get away for a few days. Even if it did rain for three of the five days I was there.

I went for walks, went kayaking, hired a car and drove around the island, went swimming, saw stunning scenery, shopped at the local market, ate lovely fresh fish, drank a lot of vodka, danced in my undies, sat on the balcony of my hotel room, read books, listened to my iPod and enjoyed a bit of solitude.

I was staying in a very swanky hotel (no kids under 12) which had amazing views, really lovely staff, great food and the pool and gardens were so lush and tropical. And even better, I paid a fraction of the usual rate (thanks global recession!)

I did however, get a bit bored by the fourth day LOL. And I dropped my camera in the lagoon when I went kayaking, it's a Canon SLR (film) so I'm hoping it can be fixed. (The film was ruined).

This week is my birthday week, so I'm celebrating every day. Today I bought two pairs of shoes (come on you knew I would LOL), tomorrow I'm going out for lunch with colleagues, Wednesday dinner with friends, Thursday night family birthday dinner and Friday drinks with friends. I'm hoping both my liver and wallet are up for it.

Tart at 11:17 PM |

0 Comments: