Thursday, February 23, 2006
I wrote the first "meh" files about romance authors. You can read that scintillating post here.

I've watched these shows, some I gave up on after two or three episodes and others I watched for a season or two in the vain hope that they'd improve. They didn't.

Desperate Housewives - I managed to watch 3 episodes before all the eyerolling I was doing gave me massive headaches. Not funny. Not sexy. And I really dislike Teri Hatchetface. She can't act! (And she's too damn scrawny, euw).

Lost - I gave up after the first season. Too many "oh come on!" moments (not just about the plot but have you noticed that while the men have scruffy beards from not shaving, the same cannot be said for the women's armpits?). I started to watch Season 2, but gave up after watching half the first episode. Not even Sayid could save it! (He is so damn fine...). I think the writers are trying too hard to be clever.

House - I just don't see the appeal of this one. Hugh Laurie's American accent is dire. Plus, Hugh will always be
Prince George to me LOL

Survivor - I've watched only one season of this - the All Stars one I think. While the host is cute (dimples!) he's simply not enough to keep me watching this. It's repititive and formulaic and they cast imbeciles. Of course, it's not reality when it's edited to play out like a soap opera.

Joey- Would someone please explain to me how this is funny? And how this gets picked up for a second season? Drivel. And to think Joey was my favourite on Friends.

Bones - This show, based on the novels by Kathy Reichs, made me think that it might be okay. I was wrong. Absolutely NO chemistry between the leads (Deschanel and Boreanaz) and overacting by the rest, so I stopped watching after two episodes.

Medium - Boring and wimpy leading actress. Snore.

CSI: Miami, CSI: New York - Can't stand David Caruso's wooden acting in Miami and New York just doesn't have the chemistry between people that the original CSI: Crime Scene Investigation does.

Gilmore Girls - They talk too much, too fast and are too whiny.

Grey's Anatomy - Admittedly, I do like this show, it's fresh and quite smart. I think Burke (Isaiah Washington) is so freak-deaky hot, that he totally eclipses McDreamy (Patrick Dempsey). George (who cares who plays him) annoys me though. He's too dithery, wimpy and pathetic to be a surgeon...I want to yell at him to get a backbone. Plus, I think Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) is going the way of Renee...pouty mouth, squinty eyes and too scrawny.

Now you're probably thinking I'm a TV snob. I'm not. Some of my favourite TV shows are: Family Guy, Arrested Development, Veronica Mars, America's Next Top Model and The O.C.

Yeah, you can't be a TV snob if you love The O.C and America's Next Top Model.

Tart at 4:11 PM |

2 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I am not keen on Desperate Housewives either or Lost. I know this sounds bad but everytime it's on I think 'There still lost. Surely they can't be still lost.'
Family Guy cool but to tell you the truth the way they have drawn the double chins annoys me on the characters. it's a cool show though.
What about Laguna Beach. I know it's corney as heck and I am far to old for it, but yet I still find myself wanting to watch it. Sad I know.
Side comment - Have you noticed that Angelina Jolie still looks good in baggy as clothes and jackets. You can't say in her private life she flaunts herself. i know your thinking, yeah of course she looks good in anything she's Angelina Jolie.
 


At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Tart, DH is actually fun..can't believe you deslike it...just ignore Terrie.

I agree with you on other CSI. I enjoy Grissom.


I don't watch TV is hubby does not suffer ...err watch alongside me.

I like GHOST WHISPERER. Have you seen it?

Just not trying to catch up on Gray's Anatomy. It seems like a fun show.