Tuesday, June 13, 2006
So it's the 4th day of the 2006 FIFA World Cup.

I've not managed to watch any of the matches live (what with the time differences and all I am not getting up at 3am to watch Angola play Togo!), but have managed to watch a few highlights on the news. Enough highlights to talk shop with the two football nuts in the office. I think I impress them with my knowledge of the game LOL. Of course, I daren't mention any of the real stuff I want to talk about (like how freaking hot is David Beckham and don't Luis Figo's* thighs look fantastic in shorts LOL).

The Football World Cup is the largest sporting event in the world. It's incredible the numbers of people that are watching the game around the world, from Brazil to Jordon, Australia to Turkey. Except you buggers in the United States LOL. Of course, it doesn't help that USA got beaten by the Czech Repbulic 3-nil, but I thought considering the magnitute of the sport, it's immense popularity around the globe and the fact that it is a world cup, more people would be watching. But according to stats, only 3 million are tuning in. I'm sure more people watch white trash car racing NASCAR.

People, you are missing out! It's the beautiful game. It has everything. Drama and cheating (just watch all the "hollywood" acting when a player gets tackled), passion and heartache (watch the Swedish fans despair after drawing nil all to Trinidad and Tobago), altheticism and skills (oh, just watch David Beckham and Thierry Henry).

My money (hypothetical money, I'm too stingy to gamble) is on Brazil and Argentina. But England and Germany are also ones to look out for too.


And just for those who might need a bit of reminder as to why I watch this sport.

I present to you, Mr David Beckham.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





*He plays for my former country of residence, Portugal.


Tart at 3:25 PM |

7 Comments:

At 2:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I really have to watch this sport. It is so sad how US doesn't watch, I don't even see previews for games or when or where it might be shown. I'll have to look into this.
I remember awhile back you had a couple pictures up. Not just your man Beckham but another guy too. I can't remember his name, I just remember I loved him! *sigh*
 


At 12:13 PM, Blogger Tart said........
Oh, you mean Michael Owen? Yeah, he's a cutie. Though a bit short for my liking :P
 


At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Ah, yes. Micheal Owen. I adore him. Tks for reminder. I'm going to go look for more pics of him :P
 


At 2:04 PM, Blogger Tart said........
Oh, also do a google search for Cristiano Ronaldo (plays for Man U and Portugal). He's rather pretty LOL.
 


At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Ooh, Ronaldo is a cutey too. I saw a very nice photo with his shirt off. He's just a babe, only 21.

US has a couple hotties but not many! I actually went to high school with a guy who used to play for the US team. Not long, but still he was there for a while (or so I was told) now he is a model. LOL. A couple years ago he was in Cosmo as "This months guy without his shirt". LOL.
 


At 2:34 PM, Blogger Serendipity said........
Ohhhh, eye candy!

It's enough to make me get Bob, or grab DH from whatever he's doing. *wink*
 


At 4:11 PM, Blogger Jo said........
i think i want to cry.... because hes with sticks and bones..... and not a lucious curvy girlie like me..... (ya like that would EVER happen... hes what i picture my romance heros to look like... no matter what the description is...)