Wednesday, June 07, 2006
I was watching TV last night, when the shorts for a TV series came on. It's called Honey We're Killing The Kids. An English show. Basically, from the 20-30 second snippet, the show is about how parents are killing their kids by not feeding them proper, nutricious foods and also ensuring they exercise and play. I know childhood obesity is an increasing problem here, so I would have to assume it is also a problem in England. What shocked me most about the clip I saw was that this little girl, probably no more than 7, was allowed to eat half a packet of chocolate fingers and a glass of coke for breakfast! Her parents have to be morons. Come on! Chocolate biscuits and coke and they see nothing wrong with it? Fucking unreal. When I lived in England, I worked with people who had never eaten broccoli! Seriously. I even worked with this one woman who only ever feed her kids chips, baked beans and fish fingers. No fresh fruit. Or vegetables. Nothing. Yuk. No wonder her kids looked all pasty faced and pathetic!

I had a Wentworth Miller sighting this morning! Very exciting as I haven't seen him for awhile now. I was running late and didn't get to the bus stop until 8.30am, and low and behold. Who is waiting at the bus stop, but Wentie! As I climbed aboard the bus, I had to stand (it was chokka) and Wentie was behind me, talking to someone he knew. Because I'm a stalker and a shameless eavesdropper, I found out that he is a graphic designer. Works for one of the larger design firms in the city. Oh, and when a seat became empty, he tapped me on the shoulder and said "would you like a seat?". What a doll. So of course I took the seat...and spent the rest of the trip into town day dreaming about him LOL. Quite a nice way to start the day really.

How weird is it that my mother sends me photos of my old ex-boyfriend and his wife's new baby? My ex is good friends with my parents (and yes, it really creeps me out LOL) but I really don't need to be seeing pictures of their new little baby. Though he is gorgeous (looks just like my ex LOL). It's just weird.

I encountered the s-l-o-w-e-s-t sandwich maker in town today. She was terrible! It took her 9 minutes to make my sandwich - I only asked for 3 fillings! I was getting so impatient, I nearly jumped the counter and made the thing myself. So, if you're down Featherston Street, steer clear of Zuppas.

Tart at 1:02 PM |

4 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger Jo said........
tart gosh damnit! talk to the guy.... hes got a job ad one of the better companies.... hes a gentleman.... and hes hot.... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!?!!?!?! sure nothing may happen other than making a cool new friend.... maybe you'll decided you don't like him at all.... BUT IF YOU DON'T DO SOMETHING THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WILL BE "what if?" just start a conversation like "has anyone ever told you that you look like wentworth miller" and he'll be like who? and you say a hot man on tv.... yeah there ya go.... seriously start positioning yourself near him.... i don't know slip him your number.... just DO SOMETHING! or i'm going to have to fly down there and do it myself.... sheesh....
 


At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Tart, let's just forget about ex bf, although, I bet inside it was killing him to be so close to you and not get to pull you into his arms. *sigh*.

Now Wentie!, he gets MAJOR points for the should tap seat giving. WOW. I'm thinking, and here's romantic side coming again so beware, he reads your blog sometime by chance and says "Shit, that's the hot chick on the bus," and get's up the nerve to talk to you (he's also quite perfect as shown from his chivelry).

Now, overweight kids. This is so frustrating, we have this problem in US too. My biggest issue is parents blaming outside sources on their child's wt problem. Like a woman who sued, or maybe tried to, McDonalds for her child getting fat. She claimed her child when eating there w/o adults didn't know what to eat that was healthy. There are so many problems with this statement I am almost cross eyed! This so freaking annoying. Err, how hard it is to feed your child healthy food? I know fresh produce can be exp. but you can always get frozen for crying out loud. UGH!

Off the soap box.
Hope the yoga goes well. I tried it a couple of times, it's a workout. You should trying running, that is the best stress reliever!

Have a great day, Tart!
 


At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Ohh what a cute story. Offering you the seat. How polite.
Up here in aucks there are large massive billboards of Wentworth Miller in town. What a honey. Also I know I am too old but check out Jay Quinn in Cleo this month.
What a hottie. Love his silver fern tattoo. Sure to brighten your week. His older bro Maz Quinn is hot as well. Go kiwi surfing hotties.
 


At 11:06 PM, Blogger Serendipity said........
Tart, I'd really like you to meet a friend of mine.....

LOL.

Ahhh, the bloom of lust slowly unfurls...

Wentie must be so cute! Won't it be a riot if he happens to read your blog?