Wednesday, January 17, 2007
We have this funny little thing we do in our family. Especially with my nieces and nephew.

All started when I came back from overseas after 7 years away. The kids were little and loved getting kisses, so I used to muck around with them, be silly and show them all the different types of kisses.


So, there's the Portugal Kiss (one kiss on each cheek), the Russian Kiss (three exuberant over the top kisses on the cheek), the Maori Kiss (hongi - which is where you press noses) Air Kiss, the England Kiss (a kiss on the hand), Dutch Kiss (kiss on the forehead), the Liverpool Kiss (a headbutt LOL - just kidding).

It's become a bit of a family tradition know, when the girls come and give me a kiss or a hug, they'll go "Portugal Kiss" and it starts.

It's very cute. (It is, trust me LOL).

Anyway, over Christmas and New Year when I was on holiday and spent some time with the girls, we did the usual kiss game "Portugal Kiss! England Kiss! Air Kiss! Maori Kiss! Russian Kiss! Dutch Kiss!". My 6 year old niece is giggling and then she grabs my cheeks in her little hands, looks me straight in the eye and goes "French Kiss!"

LOL. I burst out laughing and said I couldn't do a French Kiss. She looked rather perplexed, wanted to know why I wouldn't give her a French Kiss. Her older sister got the joke though, so we were giggling away.

Miss 6 though, is a real doll. Very funny and very cute. She's my little buddy actually. I adore both my nieces, but I have a better relationship with Miss 6 (Miss 10 and I are too alike to get along for long periods... not sure what it says about me that I can't play nice with a kid 22 years my junior LOL).

On New Years Day we (BF and I) were driving to the beach with Miss 6 in the back seat. We decided to play "I Spy", to make the trip a bit more fun.

So, of course, Miss 6 goes first. "I Spy, with my little eye, something beginning with H".

H?

Ok. House? No. Hill? No. Horse? No.

Hmm, H? We could not for the life of us figure out what it was so we asked for a clue.

"It's inside the car".

Ok... we looked around.

Handbag? No. Handbrake? No.

By this stage she's laughing and giggling "I'm looking right at it!", we still can't see what she's looking at.

"Alright then, we give up! What is it?"

Her little brown arm shoots between the front seats and points "Hair Conditioner!"

She's pointing to the air conditioner.

Well, we pissed ourselves laughing. So funny. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes.

Someone needs to teach the girl to spell (she's just like her mother - similar thing happened years ago when she was about 6, played I Spy with W and we couldn't guess it. Turned out to be Railway Tracks. W came into it as she has a slight lisp and couldn't say her Rs and they came out as Ws LOL).


Tart at 3:18 PM |

1 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Do you do Butterfly kisses? It's done on her cheek by fluttering your eyelashes on her skin. Children of a certain age love it. It has uses with older people as well if you can get him to hold very still, but that's another topic.

Leslie