Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Instead of doing work this afternoon, I find myself checking out several websites for the latest news on the Golden Globes ceremony.

I like award ceremonies, mainly for the fashion on the red carpet, as I then act like Joan Rivers and have my own running commentary on some of the dresses (let's be honest, no one cares what the blokes wear anyway).

I also like to give out my very own fashion awards (because I can and I am tragic and have no life).

The winner of the "I won this belt in a WWE smackdown with Chyna" category is:

Hayden Panettiere

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The winner of the "In case I don't win a lovely gold statue, I wore this dress so at least I can look like one!" category is:

Beyonce

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The winner of the "Oops, I lost my shoulder strap in the fight with a doily for the ruffles" category is:

Cameron Diaz

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The winners of the "We are far too serious and cool to even smile" category are:

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The winner of the "No, my boobs really are meant to be near my navel" category is:

Mary Lynn Rajskub

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The winner of the "I got dressed in the dark" category is:

Jennifer Love Hewitt

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The winner of the "Best Heidi Hair" category is:


Sienna Miller

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The winner of the "Best use of the colour Dijon Mustard" category is:


Julia Louis Dreyfus

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The winner of the "You want me to what? Smile? I'll try... I'm trying! It's so hard, I haven't done a real smile since 1997" category is:

J.Lo

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The winner of the "My kids went nuts with a roll of tinfoil and the bedazzler" category is:

Svetlana Metkina

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The winner of the "Best Dress of the Night, Pity about the snooty smile" category is:

Toni Collette

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The winner of the "Malibu Barbie Gets Married" category is:

Nicolette Sheridan

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The winner of the "Give me some castanets and a red rose and I'm all ready to tango" category is:

Penelope Cruz

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The winner of the "Best Tanned Cleavage" category is:

Ali Larter

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The winner of the "Must Check Behind You Before Posing" category is:

Salma Hayek

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Overall, I didn't think there were many duds (okay, Beyonce and Jennifer Love Hewitt were pretty fugly).

I think Toni Collette and Renee Zellweger looked great.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So too did Felicity Huffman, although the dress did emphasise her broad shoulders a bit too much.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now I shall go and actually read about who won!

Sources for photos: E Online, Stuff, Xtra


Tart at 4:19 PM |

3 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Blogger Sanna said........
Tart, geat post! I LOVED the dress of Angelina Jolie. Damn, she looked GREAT!

Didn't know about these categories at the Golden Globes, but they are far more entertaining than the traditional ones. LOL

Sanna
 


At 8:27 AM, Blogger Girlie said........
Totally forgot about it...
Hewitt needs to take a spinning class! Man, I've never seen an ass so big on a scrawny body! On the other hand, she only has to work on her ass!
 


At 3:36 PM, Blogger Tart said........
I thought AJ looked nice, but just needed to smile more! The colour was different, not sure if I like it or not.

JL Hewitt does have a big butt! I'd never noticed before. Still, it's nice to see an actress with curves and a real shape, so many of them are far too thin (Keira Knightley etc).