Friday, January 19, 2007

I've been a fan of Rupert Everett since I saw him in Another Country. I think he's bloody gorgeous (far more handsome than thin-lipped Colin Firth or Hugh Grant), is under-rated as an actor, and because he's gay, doesn't seem to get the parts that he deserves.

I’ve been reading his autobiography “Red Carpets and other Banana skins”. Everett is a British actor (My Best Friends Wedding, The Importance of Being Earnest, the voice of Prince Charming in Shrek) and model (YSL Opium) and this is his story from his childhood in Essex to life in Hollywood.

The book is funny, outrageous and well written. Roo (Rupert's nickname) is sharp, witty and very clever. The story about his (finally) successful sexual conquest of Ian McKellen is hilarious. Stories about Madonna, Sharon Stone and Julia Roberts are acerbic and wry.

Two of my favourite quotes so far are:

On meeting Madonna for the first time...

“She was tiny and luscious with long auburn hair, slightly curled. She sat down. Sean’s forget-me-not eyes watered with adoration. Hers were the palest blue, strangely wide-set, any further and she would look insane, or inbred…” LOL.

The other one is where he is quoting someone else you made the comment that British actor Edward Woodward’s name sounded like a “fart in a bath”. LOL.

Tart at 10:49 AM |

2 Comments:

At 5:06 AM, Blogger Girlie said........
I love him in Earnest. He's gorgeous Darling!

I'm reading this book too.
 


At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Roo is gorgeous , what singles him out is he is both beautiful and intelligent . His auto-bio. is a wonderful read.