Thursday, March 08, 2007
My trip to London in May (and Spain/France/Portugal) is off. I'm a little bummed.

So, I've decided to go somewhere else instead. Probably Vietnam. I've been to Thailand many times (one year I went 6 times in 8 months and the authorities became interested in me as they thought I was a drug smuggler. Nope, no dope, just flying via Bangkok a lot to get to other destinations LOL), and Cambodia/Laos (did the "Golden Triangle") but Vietnam will be a new place for me.

Not sure if I'll do a group trip. I'm not really the group travel type of person. All my travelling around the place has been on my own, so I'm not sure if I can cope with it. However, the appeal is that someone else has already organised everything LOL.

I'll have to investigate further - I think Intrepid Travel is probably the company that I'll go with if I decide to do a group tour. Otherwise, I'll be using a trusty Lonely Planet guidebook to plan stuff.

I'll be doing the trip by myself too, much to the annoyance of the BF, who feels that he should be able to tag along LOL.

Tart at 2:58 PM |

2 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger Girlie said........
Awww, that sucks. You seem to always enjoy your European trips.

vietnam will be pretty. I've only seen pictures, but it sounds good.

My SIL is travelling there in a few weeks to get her baby #4. I was going with her, but I have a bayb of my own and not much for travelling if I can't carry all my little chicks. I'm such a mother hen.
 


At 6:31 AM, Blogger Gatxan said........
Vietnam's great! I went there last summer and is pretty good. And you can travel by yourself without any worry: it is a safe and easy country. There are lots of backpackers.