Thursday, February 15, 2007
I'm not really into Valentine's Day. Though I have to say,it wasn't a particularly big day here yesterday. I didn't see one person walking around the streets carrying flowers. No one got flowers at work LOL.

And I also don't like that this is the day that is "ordained" as the one day in the year you show someone how much you love them. Surely, you should be doing that all the time, not just on a day in February? And also, why is it that women are the ones who expect flowers/chocolates/dinner out etc. Rather unbalanced if you ask me LOL.

I'm glad however, that the start of this Valentines Day was much better than last
year's. Ugh. Shudder thinking about it LOL.

The BF and I aren't really Valentines kinda people. (No red roses or a teddy bear thanks, so contrived, so tacky). However, beause we're heading to Australia for a brief holiday on Saturday (woo-hoo!), I thought I'd get a little something for him for Valentines. To show my appreciation (he's footing the bill for the holiday LOL).


I got him a painting. I saw it in the window of a gallery near work, it's an abstract, but has a real fluid feel to it. It's not big, about 50cm x 50cm? And it was a good price too.

He loved it, and was quite chuffed that I'd got him something LOL.

I wasn't expecting anything (which is good, cos I got nothing... well I got a very excellent shag so I guess that's good LOL), but not to feel left out, I bought myself an iPod! It's so dinky (it's a Nano), makes my small, slimline cellphone look positively clunky and brick-like LOL.

I have no idea how to use it and at the moment the BF is at home, getting it all sorted for me (he has one, so knows what to do). Very cool.

I may even get one of those arm band thingys so I can wear it at the gym... or maybe not. That might be a bit too dorky LOL.


Tart at 12:22 PM |

3 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger Girlie said........
Tart, armband is great when you're running. Makes it more comfy. Not that I'd get an ipod. I can't see the point of it just yet.

Definitely time to get to know the gym again. Maybe a water aerobics if they don't require that I know how to swim, coz even when living in an island for 18 years, I never manage to learn to swim properly.

You'll love your ipod though. I haven't met anyone who hates it yet.
 


At 10:41 PM, Blogger Vera said........
I have an armband for my ipod and I would never give it away. It's great and very useful while work out, especially jogging.
I hated when my former portable cassette tape recorder/CD players or mp3 players hit against my body with every move I made or I didn't know where to put them when my shorts didn't have pockets.

Cassette tape recorder, huh? Sounds like from the stone age! LOL

I think you might like it...give it a try!
 


At 4:42 AM, Blogger Jo said........
Ha i read the title and thought you were going to post about venereal diseases..... but i hate v-day too....