Monday, February 26, 2007
I go away for a week and a bit and look at what I missed!

The trashtastic mess that is Britney Spears. She shaved her head and checked herself into (and out of and now back into) rehab. Poor thing, she really needs sorting out.

Then there's the train wreck that is Anna Nicole Smith's funeral-slash-babydaddy-slash-courtroom drama. Oh, I feel so sorry for her. I know she was pretty much maligned in the mainstream media (mostly for marrying that 90 year old rich dude), but you know what. If she made him happy and he wanted to leave her money, so be it. She deserved it LOL. It's quite tragic what happened to her, but a somewhat fitting end (I could never imagine her as an old lady). Her poor baby though. Going to be fought after in court, not because the "father" wants her (whoever he is) but because she has a whole lotta moolla!

So, anyway. My brief holiday with the BF to Australia was awesome! Had a fantastic time. A day/night in Sydney catching up with friends and family, before driving off for our country escape. Then back to Sydney for another day/night catching up with more friends. It was quite a busy time!

Highlights

So many!

Walking through beautiful, tranquil parks and gardens. Along gorgeous beaches. It was so scenic and pretty. Wish we'd taken a camera! The BF and I have cameras, but they're film not digital and they come with those fuck off huge lenses (a la papparazzi) so we tend not to take them on holiday as they are a huge hassle.

Eating well, drinking fantastic wine. Having a gourmet picnic at sunset at the beach. I ate and drank whatever I wanted, and didn't think about "healthy choices" once LOL.


Driving along roads, windows down, stereo blaring and singing along to music. We played mostly older Brit-pop (Verve, Blur, Skunk Anansie, Manic Street Preachers, Oasis, U2 etc) as well as some very cool stuff from Lady Sovereign, Amy Winehouse, perhaps Britney's been listening to her song "Rehab" and taking notice of the lyrics that go "They tried to make me go to rehab and I said no, no, no!" LOL

Wonderful accommodation. The BF did well with this one. It was a darling cottage, secluded (the only cottage on this property), private, 50m from the water and views in all directions!

Diving at Montague Island. Even me, a bona fide scaredy cat enjoyed the diving!

Mrs Jamieson's Fudge (oh man, that was heavenly).

Having sex around the 3.3 hectare private property our cottage was situated on, at the beach early one morning, in the outdoor bath under the stars, while driving LOL.


Catching up with friends and family I haven't seen for ages

Fish & Chips in Manly on the beach.

Shopping! Of course, I managed to hit the shops in Sydney. I had to go visit Belinda (fab store in MLC Centre) and Witchery, Sportsgirl. My two girlfriends and I spent far too much money (am embarrassed to say how much I spent) but I got some excellent stuff on sale including:

  • two gorgeous dresses (one thing about Aussie shops, even the chainstores have very cool clothes for a decent price)
  • three pairs of shoes - peep toe wedge, funky and slightly slutty ankle boots (which the BF thinks look like hooker shoes LOL), and a cute pair of red flats for work
  • four books (including Shopaholic & Baby by Sophie Kinsella which I am reading now)
  • two basic tees and a load of camis from Target (pronounced tar-jay you know LOL)
  • a pretty cardi
  • some cute tunic style tops/dresses
  • black button front dress with self tie belt - very flattering, very funky and perfect for work
  • the cutest black clutch
  • a pair of "boyfriend" jeans
  • a pair of high waisted, wide leg trousers
I tried on this amazing Alberta Ferretti dress, which I would have killed my nana to have LOL. Unfortunately, I would also had to have robbed a bank to pay for it too. Pressed my nose against the glass at Cartier and went into Gucci to drool over the stuff. The only thing in Gucci I could afford is a keychain or something similar LOL.

My girlfriends and I had a blast trying on lots of clothes at David Jones. Love that store. And this darling shop (name escapes me, but it's two old lady names LOL) in Paddington where I fell in love with some gorgeous stuff. Unfortunately, the money was running low, so I couldn't buy anything more.

So while I went over with one very lightly packed suitcase, I came back fully laden with my purchases (including about 2 kgs of Mrs Jamieson's Fudge LOL).

Lowlights

Only one. Screaming bloody children! Parents... want to know how to ruin a beautiful day at the beach for everyone? Just let you revolting children run around screaming and yelling (and not just normal yelling that comes with playing and having fun - I can cope with that). This was major tanty, with completely oblivious parents. Fucking little bastards.

Overall it was a great holiday. The BF and I had a blast, did lots of fun stuff, chilled out, went for walks and drives in the country etc.

Also, Happy Chinese New Year!

2007 is Year of the Pig.

I found this great
website which tells you all about the Chinese Horoscopes
I'm Tiger (roar) LOL. A wood tiger to be exact.

Here's a few snippets about tigers:

...said to be lucky vivid, lively and engaging

...they will be completely honest about how they feel and expect the same of you

...are unpredictable and it would be unwise to underestimate their reactions

...are intelligent, alert, and farsighted

[Wood tiger]...are not selfish creatures and will give their time, attention or possessions to anyone in need

...are exceptionally warm and incredibly generous with their time, attention and money...few friends could be as caring and affectionate, as quirky and surprising, or as genuinely interested as the Tiger

It also says that the pairing of me (Tiger) and the BF (Ox) "You are completely drawn to each other but headed for a dead end" and "This is one of the worst possible pairings" LOL.

The third and final wedding was on Saturday. I am so wedding-ed out! I never want to go to another one for a long time. The bride looked radiant and serene, the groom was emotional (so cute). It was a lovely day (apparently, it was one of five weddings in the area that day) and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Though these weddings have totally and utterly confirmed for me that I never ever ever want to get married. So not my kind of thing LOL.

Now I've come back to the office to hundreds of emails and no motivation to do anything at all LOL. I'm out of the office at the end of the week for five days, working on an event in another city. I'm looking forward to going away, but dreading coming back to even more work. I think I need an assistant! LOL


Tart at 11:53 AM |

1 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I'm also a tiger, though according to that site, I am a fire tiger. I've always been fascinated by Chinese horoscopes, so thanks for that link!

I also checked out my current crush's sign, and he's a rabbit. It turns out that rabbits and tigers are highly compatible and will have intense sexual attraction. On my part, it's soo true!