Friday, February 09, 2007
Five things to talk about today. (So it's going to be a long post... get comfy).

1. Weight Update

The weightloss is going really well. I've lost 17.7kg! (That's 38 pounds). I am really pleased with myself LOL. Clothes are too big and apparently, my face is thinner (still looks chubby to me though).

I have also joined a gym. Big step for me. Haven't stepped foot in a gym since 2000. I made use of a promotion that a gym had for no joining fee and signed up last week. I hadn't been to this gym before, so got a tour by the membership consultant. Great facilities, even has a women only workout room, which I don't use as I quite like watching men! When I said that to her, I think she thought I was a pervert! I am LOL.

However, I just read in today's
Herald newspaper that researches at the University of California, Berkeley say women who sniff a chemical found in male sweat experience elevated levels of an important hormone, and higher sexual arousal, faster heart rate and other effects.

So that's why I like working out in the mixed gym! Those sweaty men make me horny LOL.

I can't say I enjoy working out (I'll never be one of those people that loves exercise), though I do feel really good after a workout. My programme is great. Mix of cardio, weights and group fitness glasses. I like the weight training aspect, cardio not so much (this body wasn't really designed to run LOL).

I hope to lose another 10kg and tone up too. A tight arse would be great!

2. Looking like a deckchair

I've mentioned previously my dealings with Bridezillas. Well, one friend who is getting married tomorrow has been the biggest bitch for about 6 months now - coinciding with the start of her wedding planning.

She wanted to know what I was wearing to her wedding (why? It's not that anyone will be looking at me anyway LOL). When I told her I might get something from Zambesi, she said that I'd better be careful as Zambesi clothes are really small fitting and I might not find something in my size. Right. Okaaay...

She's been pretty bad the last few weeks and on Tuesday night, when we went out for dinner, she told me my cute sunfrock looked like a Madder & Rouge deckchair! ("Make sure no one sits on you!") Bitch LOL. It's the cutest little dress - strapless, fitted bodice, red ribbon around waist, and with A-line skirt to just below the knee. It's yellow, red, orange, blue, green and white stripes. So sure, probably does evoke a French stripe canvas material feel to it (a la Madder & Rouge), but to actually say this, out loud? Talk about crass. Really pissed me off, just the tip off really, as it's been building for a while now. I'll go to the wedding tomorrow and then I might just cool this friendship off for a few months, as I really don't need bitchy, nasty people as friends (although it's okay for me to be the bitchy one LOL).

3. A great day

Had the best day yesterday. BF & I had decided to go the gym after work (me to BodyPump, him to do some "core strength" training), it was a stinking hot day yesterday and just before I left for the gym I had a brainwave! Why not go to the beach after our workout for a swim? So, called the bloke and told him my great idea and asked that he grab our swim stuff before he left the house.


After I crawled out of BodyPump (I swear, every muscle was ceased up), I went to the studio to watch a few men workout, wait for the BF while he finished his workout. I have to say, I'm impressed with what he was doing! He was doing this ab thing, lying on a bench with an incline (head up the incline), then he had a swiss ball between his knees and he was lifting his legs up, contracting his abs and moving his legs to the side (so the only thing lying on the bench were his shoulders/head). Wow. Never knew he could do that! This could prove interesting. I bet there's a Kama Sutra position that would utilise it LOL.


Anyway, after we'd finished, we changed into our togs and then drove around to Oriental Bay Beach - I love that this cute white sand beach is less than 5 minutes from downtown (see below)












We got there at about 6.30pm and it was absolutely packed with people. It was so hot, the sun was still shining and perfect beach weather. I didn't have to wait to get warm enough to go in the water, I walked straight down and dove straight in. Very refreshing (despite the jellyfish, eek) and much better than having a shower at the gym (I don't do communal showers, you don't know where some of those people have been LOL).

We stayed at the beach for over an hour, then when sufficiently cooled and dried off, headed to the bottle store for a 6-pack of beer and then to Supremo for Fish & Chips (yes, all that hard work at the gym was for nothing!) which we ate back at the beach.

It was a great way to spend an evening. Really should do it more often. Man I love summer!

4. Rules of Attraction



In yesterday's Dominion Post newspaper, there was a piece on what a features/characteristics attract you to the opposite sex. It made me think of what attracts me to men.

Height. Has to be taller then me (I'm 5'3, so not that difficult, unless one is a jockey). Shoulders. I don't like blokes that slope off at the neck! Gotta have a nice set of shoulders. Eyes. Sparkly, intelligent eyes framed with long eye lashes... and um, yeah, helps if the eyes are in a pretty face (what?! I like a pretty face, so I'm shallow LOL).

I also quite like nice legs! No chicken ones for me, oh no. I like muscly (but not too bulky) defined calves and thighs (one reason I like sports is to watch the nice muscly legs of tennis players and rugby players LOL). And speaking of legs, one of my favourite places on a blokes body is that muscle that forms a V at the lower abdomen into the hips. Oh yeah. That part is mighty tasty LOL.

5. Holiday

Last thing to mention. I'm finally going on holiday with the BF! Woo-hoo. We're going Saturday 17 February and coming back midnight, Thursday 22 February. Can't wait. I hope Tilba Tilba is rocking LOL.


Tart at 1:25 PM |

2 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Girlie said........
Wowsa Tart, you rule on that weight loss department. You hafta post a bikini buns picture now. It will motivate me to work out later on when I am done playing cow-duty for my last child.

Now's the perfect time because you're going on a holiday!

That place you're going to sounds fabulous!
 


At 10:30 PM, Blogger Girlie said........
I noticed the reading list....thank you! I like reading reading list. :)