Thursday, March 29, 2007
Tonight is the second time the BF and I are doing the $30 Thursday "date" night.

Last week we got free tickets to a show, stuffed our faces at Kazu (great Japanese izakaya), strolled around Oriental Parade, shared a Magnum ice cream and all for the pretty low price of... $29! Yay us LOL.

Tonight we're doing beer and a few games of pool, followed by cheap noodles at Satay Kingdom on Left Bank. They do a great Mee Goreng (hold the bean sprouts though, they are mank! Euw yuck).

I had the day off yesterday, spend 3 and a half hours pampering myself. I had a massage, a facial, a manicure and a pedicure. The massage was wonderful, I really should have them more often, at least once a month. It was nice to be out of the office for a day, charge the batteries and relax.

I am also the proud new owner of GHD Straightening Irons. They're the ones the "professionals" use. There is this promotion on at the moment, trade in your old irons and get $100 of GHD. So, I took my old VS irons in and came out with the real deal. And they are worth every stinking penny *cough$250cough*. This morning, I did my hair as normal and the irons worked a treat. No frizzies, no flyaways. Perfectly straight hair. With my old irons, by about 3pm you couldn't tell I'd done anything with my hair. It's now 3.25pm and my hair looks super good, if I do say so myself! I was thinking of having my hair cut off (think cute pixie crop) but with the new irons, I've decided not to get the chop as I don't hate my hair so much now LOL.

I was reading in the paper last week a little stat that said the average person has 11 jobs in their life. Eleven? Seeing as I've always considered myself above average LOL, I tallied up my jobs (ones I got paid for) over the years and I came out at 22!

So, let's see...
  1. Babysitter
  2. Strawberry picker
  3. Deli worker
  4. Apple picker
  5. Apple thinner
  6. Vineyard worker
  7. Orchard worker
  8. Cafe worker
  9. Nanny
  10. Market Researcher
  11. Production Runner
  12. English Language Teacher
  13. Secretary/PA
  14. Human Resources Administrator
  15. Marketing Coordinator
  16. Office Manager
  17. English Language Teacher
  18. Website manager
  19. Temp PA to CEO
  20. Department Secretary at a university
  21. Network Coordinator
  22. Webmaster

Jobs 1-10 were when I was a student (first job was aged 13). Worst job was strawberry picking (back breaking), best job is the one I'm doing now (and also number 10, as I got to test, eat, use, talk about all sort of cool products LOL).

I had an interesting coversation with the BF last night about water. We were talking about water and how we like to drink it (yes, we have such scintillating conversations LOL). I like tap water at room temperature. Cannot drink ice cold water or water that's been chilled. Next I like sparkling mineral water at room temperature. I very rarely drink still, bottled water as the tap water here in NZ is pretty damn tasty and good so don't feel the need to spend $3 on a bottle of water that probably was bottled from the tap at a factory anyway LOL. The BF likes really icy cold bottled water. Won't drink "bubbly water" LOL. He will drink tap water and will often go out to Petone and fill up big bottles of Etruscean water from the natural spring out there. That is really nice, lovely water. (My geekness is shining through here with all this talk about water LOL).


Tart at 3:35 PM |

1 Comments:

At 1:40 AM, Blogger Girlie said........
You and BF are like us. I like my water room temp, DH likes them with particles of ice still floating on it.

Fact is, our body finds it easier to digest room temp water.

22 jobs?Wow! You've always been over-achiever, I say!