Tuesday, May 29, 2007
A friend had her baby last night, a little girl. So I went out at lunch time today to buy a present (side note, Lambton Quay is sadly lacking any baby stores! There's Kirks and that's it. Which is fine if you want to spent $65 on a onesie, but I'm more of a $10 for three onesie's kind of person LOL).

Anyway, after walking around a few stores and feeling rather dejected over lack of cool, affordable baby clothes, I went into Supre as they had this cute striped tunic in the window that I liked (I can't believe I just typed that sentence nor can I believe I actually went into Supre, I am at least 20 years too old for the clothing in there LOL). The staff are quite sweet, but slightly dim.

As I was paying for my purchase, the sales assistant said (in a really twangy kiwi accent):

"Wow, that's a big sapphire!"
"Sorry?"
"Your ring, that's a huge big sapphire... it's so pretty!"

I followed her gaze to my right hand and saw what she was referring too...





















Yeah, it's big alright.

A big piece of blue coloured glass! The photo doesn't really show it either, but it's not really a sapphire blue colour, more turquoise (though I'm sure there are some sapphire's out there that could be turqoise LOL).

Christ, if I had a sapphire that size on my finger, do you think I'd be shopping at Supre? LOL

Tart at 5:04 PM |

2 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Blogger Girlie said........
Well Tart, that is a big stone!
 


At 5:28 AM, Blogger Sanna said........
You're kidding me?! It's a great stone, but doesn't look like a REAL saphire, not even from far away. Was she wearing glasses or something?!