Thursday, June 28, 2007
Remember that scene in Bridget Jones's Diary, where she's at the gym, pedalling like a manic on a bike? She gets off it and her legs collapse under her. I had my very own Bridget moment last night at the gym.

I did my very first
RPM class aka "the calorie killer". Well it nearly fucking killed me. My whole body was screaming during most of this class. The bikes are set up so you can't stop pedalling and by the time 50 minutes was up, my legs were so knackered they wouldn't hold my body up and I nearly fell over (managed to grab onto the bike at the last minute LOL). I think that will be the last time I do an RPM class!

The only positive about being at the gym last night was that I got to see the "silver fox". This is a fantastic looking bloke I've nicknamed "silver fox" because of his grey-ish hair. He's an older guy, probably 40s or so and phwoar. Not bad! Long lean body (not too bulky) and he has the best legs. Certainly makes my workout go better if I get to look at him for an hour so LOL.

I was checking out
Pajiba a few weeks back and they were discussing gigs and concerts and asked readers, "What are the five best live performances you’ve ever witnessed? Your one most disappointing concert experience? And the one band/performer you always wanted to see live but still haven’t."

So after a few minutes deliberation, here are my answers.

Top 5 (random order)

1. Pearl Jam, Auckland (early 90s?)
Absolutely frigging awesome, they were the "sound" of my high school years LOL

2. Crowded House - Farewell to the World Concert, Sydney (1996)
Incredibly emotional and a simply fantastic show, original line up (Paul Hester, RIP buddy)

3. Foo Fighters, Auckland (2005)
The boys rocked the place

4. The White Stripes, Wellington (2002?)
Jack White is a genius

5. U2, Slane Castle (2001)
Best freaking night, ever!


Honorable mentions:

The Rolling Stones, Fly My Pretties, Fat Freddy's Drop, Radiohead, Ben Harper, Belle & Sebastian, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Glastonbury 1999 (Blondie, REM, Muse, Wilco, Travis and Texas. Coldplay were on the "new bands" stage)

Most disappointing concert/s:

Oasis, London (1998 or 99)
Liam was wasted, Noel got shitty and stormed off. Liam refused to sing. End of concert. I was fucked off!

The Smashing Pumpkins, Wellington (90s?)
Simply fucking unbearable. What a waste and Billy Corgan is such a tool!

Would love to see:

Prince, Dresden Dolls, Nine Inch Nails, Beck, Tori Amos

One of the problems with living here in NZ is that I miss out on lots of cool concerts and gigs. I think the next time a band/artist that I'd love to see tours to Australia, I'm going to fly to Sydney or Melbourne to see them.

Complete change of subject now. I've booked myself a solo mid-winter holiday. Unfortunately, not to some warm tropical island, but to a cold, wet and windswept beach. I've rented this cottage for a week that's right on the coast, I love being at the beach in winter, very dark and moody (which kind of sums up how I'm feeling at the moment LOL). The boyfriend is going to come for just a few days and the rest of time it's just me, some books and lots of time to myself. Bliss really. Can't wait.

Tart at 4:32 PM |

0 Comments: