Thursday, July 05, 2007
I've been sick the past week or so.

First it was the shaggers back and then I caught this rather virulent cold. I was feeling pretty rotten there for a few days (my boyfriend commented he knew I must be really sick when I turned down going shopping on Sunday afternoon... hardy har-har).

Mum gave me this cough syrup we used to have as kids, Gees Linctus. Blech. It has an aniseed taste (which I loathe) and you take it by adding 5ml of the syrup to 10ml of warm water. Euw. So its aniseed-y water-y cough medicine. This Gees Linctus stuff isn't stocked on shelves, you have to ask the pharmacist for it (and answer a few questions about your symptoms). Active ingredients in the syrup are opium, alcohol and morphine! No wonder it had a slightly addictive quality to it LOL. And I can't believe mum gave it to us when we were kids. Probably doped us out LOL.

But today I'm starting to feel okay, still have a cough but it's less of a death rattle now.

In random news, I bought a new handbag today. I was on my way to meet the BF for lunch and decided to stop by Bags of Difference on Lambton Quay. Anyway, saw the cutest bag, canvas shoulder bag that is nearly identical to this one, only in a beige colour and it cost a fraction of this Bottega Veneta one. Bargain! Perfect weekend casual bag.

Next thing on the to buy list is perfume. Seeing as I'm not taking an overseas holiday any time soon, duty free is out. So I'm scouring Strawberrynet.com for bargains (and people, you so get bargains! The Marc Jacobs perfume I adore costs $200 plus in retail stores, on Strawberrynet.com, it's only $71). How can I not buy anything with prices like that? LOL.

Tart at 4:04 PM |

0 Comments: