Tuesday, August 22, 2006
I've noticed, that over the years, I've become quite a lot more emotional. I wonder if its hormonal? Before, a sad movie or programme wouldn't have even caused a tear, now I'm bawling at news items and commericals LOL.

Yesterday in particular I was quite emotional. First at the scenes of the funeral of Dame Te Atairangikaahu, the Maori Queen.















She was a strong, dignified and classy woman. She served as Queen for 40 years, and her tangi* at Turangawaewae Marae was attended by thousands of mourners from all over the country.










Her coffin was loaded onto a waka** and paddled up the mighty Waikato river to Taupiri Mountain, where it was carried up the mountain on foot and laid to rest at the top.









[Source]

It really was a moving experience.

Then, last night I watched the final episode of Grey's Anatomy, where Denny died. It was so sad. I was sniffling when he died, but when Alex picked Izzie up and craddled her in his arms, I had tears streaming down my face! LOL.

Sometimes I'm glad I live by myself, so no-one can see how much of an emotional wreck I am over the smallest things LOL.


*tangi = funeral
**waka = canoe

Tart at 9:14 PM |

4 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said........
What a nice ceremony. I would've gotten teary eyed too.
Actually, I think it's an age thing and with that hormonal because I am more sappy than I used to be. I caught myself almost crying over the dumbest thing yesterday because it has been on my mind. That's not like me, I never cry!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog.
LOL, you know your blog is the reason I am obsessed with Fredrik and his sexy tattoo!

Ann
 


At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Hi tart,
I was also at home in my cottage up in Auckland crying my eyes out watching Greys Anatomy. That one episode made me feel so happy (when Denny proposed to Alex)
then so sad tears streaming down my face when Denny died. Power of really good TV.
 


At 10:39 PM, Blogger Jan said........
I think it goes with some life experience. The older we are and the more experienced we become the more and deeper we can value and spend things. Clear, some of the events that reflect our own experience can make us more emotional then we would expect. They say to let your tears roll down your face is healing.
 


At 2:26 AM, Blogger Girlie said........
I cried on that episode with Denny dying too. I am sappy that way, and wouldn't want to change anyway.