Sunday, August 20, 2006
I am back from the family par-tay.

I had a really good time, the party was a big affair, with family and friends coming from all over the country.

I behaved myself too LOL. I didn't actually drink that much (in fact, I stopped drinking at about 10pm, and went onto OJ until I left at 2am).

There were lots of good looking young men in attendance too. A couple of hunky Maori and PI boys - tall, dark and built! Phwaor. But, considering my nana was at the party, I really didn't think it was appropriate to drool over them too much (or do anything more LOL).

As I had predicted, I was pretty overdressed for the party - as my sister said "we're a little bit the GAP and you're all Gucci" LOL. But it was a party! When else do I get a chance to wear cute tops and high sparkly heels?

I got to spend a little bit of time with my two nieces, who are so gorgeous and fun. The younger, Miss 6, wanted to know where "Uncle Matt" was (my ex). I think she was disappointed that he wasn't there, as her little face fell when I explained that we had broken up... "Will you get married?", "no", "oh..." LOL.

The best bit of the weekend away was coming home. I miss my little house, even if I was only away from it for two days LOL.

Tart at 10:18 PM |

3 Comments:

At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Glad you had fun at the party. Surely your nana would've understood and appreciated some little flirting with tall, dark, built men? Well, okay, mine wouldn't but I'm positive nana's are cooler in NZ.

Kids are very insightful, you could take your nieces question about the ex as a sign...
 


At 2:24 PM, Blogger Girlie said........
I'm with Ann about signs and exes.

Nana...I envy you of your Nana. I never met any of mine, unless you count my Mama's mother who died when I was only 14 months.

My daughter would say...I'm not over-dressed. Everyone's under-dressed! I think she might re-phrased Garfield's "I'm not overweight, I'm under-height."
 


At 9:13 PM, Blogger Tart said........
Yeah, my nana is pretty cool, though still delightfully old fashioned LOL. And that particular niece loved my ex, was his little shadow whenever we stayed with my sister LOL.