Tuesday, August 29, 2006
... I'm just very particular.

It's quite well known that I am "very particular" about many things LOL. I know I cause a few moments of pause when friends/family are buying me gifts (see below on what happens to gifts I don't like LOL).

Today though, I started my journey to find a new cellphone. What an epic journey this is turning out to be. Taking a freaking ring to Mordor has nothing on me trying to find a phone that I like LOL.

I have quite "particular" don't wants.

1. I don't want a flip phone. Hate 'em
2. I don't want a camera, video, mp3 player in my phone
3. I don't want Panasonic/Motorola/Sanyo/Samsung/Ericsson blah blah

What I do want is pretty simple.

1. I want a Nokia
2. I want to make calls and send/receive texts
3. I want a colour screen

Wow, how's that for cutting edge technology LOL.

Apparently what I want is not available. Every fucking phone out there is a flip phone with all these rubbishy extras. Hello, I'd rather have a crappy phone and a great digital camera as opposed to a good phone with a shitty camera in it.

The bloke at the Vodafone store, while trying to be helpful, must have thought I was a fussy very particular customer. Poor guy. Every phone he'd show me I'd be like "no, don't like that" or "no, I don't want that one" LOL.

Sigh. Looks like my quest for a new phone is going to take longer than I thought. Bugger it.


On Sunday I spent over $90 on books.

You'd think that $90 would get me quite a few books, but not in this country (where I swear, books are more costly than gold LOL).

I got three books. Yep, just three.

1. Buried Treasure, Victoria Findley
2. Running with Scissors, Augusten Burroughs
3. First Pass Under Heaven: An Incredible Journey Along the Great Wall of China, Nathan Gray

You know, it's been months since I bought new books. Mostly I get stuff from the library these days. Sometimes I might buy off Trade Me.

I'm reading more biographies and travel books (see three books above which fall into one or both those categories). I just finished this great travel book - When in Rome: Chasing La Dolce Vita by Penelope Green.

In this books, Penny, a 30 year old PR exec, chucks in her life in Sydney and moves to Rome. It's a great book and really inspiring. You know, if I had the money I'd do that in a heart beat. I would seriously give up everything here and go. Even if it meant I worked in a sandwich shop, 'cos really, who cares. It would be a sandwich shop in Rome. Wouldn't get any cooler than that. Actually, it would be cooler if I dated an Italian version of Wentworth Miller LOL.

Tart at 10:48 PM |

2 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said........
I just had to get a new phone and the guy kept trying to sell me one with all the bells and whistles and I kept say "Listen, I just want a phone that I can make calls and get calls that's it!" Err. Plus, I don't have time or interest in figuring out all the extra crap.

The salesmen just hate it that you don't want to spend a fortune on a fancy phone!

Mmm, an Italian Wentworth Miller. Sounds yummy :P
 


At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Hey Tart check out http//www.vodafone.co.nz
under the mobile section it lists all vodafone mobiles.
There is a nokia there for around $149.00 that you might like.