Monday, August 28, 2006
What's the time limit on re-gifting? Not sure what I mean about re-gifting? Well, it's what I do when I get a present/gift I don't like, but don't want to tell the person who gave it to me that I hate it, so I give the gift to another person LOL.

I'm always careful that I don't regift something to someone who might be connected to the original gift giver LOL. For example, I was given this Coconut body lotion, body wash and something else. I loathe anything coconut or vanilla scented that you use on your body or hair. Ick. It's too sweet, clashes with my perfume and I really don't want to smell like Nana's baking!

So, this gift I received recently for my birthday (from a relative), I am thinking of re-gifting to a work colleague LOL. I can't give it to anyone in the family and none of my friends like coconut or vanilla scented stuff either LOL. I've regifted a few things in the past. I hope no one gets miffed about it, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. But there is nothing worse than getting a gift you don't like or need LOL. At least this way, the person I re-gift to gets some enjoyment out of LOL.

I had a dream last night, which has left me thinking how amazing the brain, in particular the sub conscious, is LOL. In this dream, I was with a group of girlfriends, staying at a bach up the coast (a bach we frequently use). Dream Friends and Dream Me were sitting around, drinking wine and talking, when the discussion turned to me, and what I was going to say to Matt (ex-bf) when he comes back after being abroad for work. One Dream Friend asked me if I was going to tell him about the numerous 'overnight guests', dates, etc I'd had since he had been away. I said he didn't need to know this as we're not together now and I didn't think he needed to hear about my adventures. Another Dream Friend then said "the reason you want and like these one night stands is that it gives you a sense of control, to take charge and have a relationship, albeit a brief one, on your own terms... you can't have that with Matt. You can't have all the control, all the power. You have to compromise and talk. You have to work on the relationship, you have to consider the other person".

Dream Me was a little surprised. Awake Me was also surpised. Isn't it funny how a dream managed to "voice" what I really hadn't done myself yet. The sub conscious really is pretty cool LOL.

Dream Friends were right... I guess I do like having control over a relationship (even those one night ones LOL), I think having control gives me a sense of security, as things are on my terms, done my way, and I'm less likely to get hurt if I know right away what I want, how the relationship will work etc.

Anyway, it's given me a little to think about LOL. Damn those smart Dream Friends!

And now for something completely unrelated... Emmy fashions.


Now for some reason, Blogger won't let me upload photos - but I have to say that...

The Good

Jaime Pressly
Sandra Oh
Sarah Chalke
Evangeline Lily
Heidi Klum
Kate Walsh
Katherine Heigl

The Bad

Ellen Pompeo
Portia di Rossi
Tyra Banks

The Ugly

That woman who looked like a giant pumpkin! What on earth was she thinking? "Hmm, I'm pregnant, what should I wear that would make me look amazing... oh, I know this orange thing here made of some questionable material!".

You can check out the images here.

Tart at 8:54 PM |

2 Comments:

At 12:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said........
Very interesting dream. It always freaks me out when my dreams make a good point. Good luck with that decision re: Matt.

I didn't see the Emmy's, forgot they were on, lol. But will check that link out, I love to see what everyone's wearing!
 


At 11:10 PM, Blogger Tart said........
Yeah, it was an interesting dream. Lately I've been having very vivid ones LOL... starring Mr Wentworth Miller :P I almost hate to wake up LOL.