Tuesday, January 23, 2007
A while back, I mentioned how popping out for a coffee, ended up costing me $185. Well today I think I broke my own record.

Today is the first day of the Kirks (Kirkcaldie & Stains) sale, and on my way back from lunch and clinic appointment (side note, weightloss is going great guns have lost over 16kgs now!) I popped into Kirks just to see what they had on the shelves. Usually, Kirks sale annoys me as they pull out rubbishy junk, stock you’ve never seen on the shelves and it's usually really ugly stuff (orange lipstick from 1985 or hideous Majolica plates etc).

Imagine my surprise when I see my favourite perfume (Marc Jacobs) in a set with body lotion on sale for $89! (The perfume alone is nearly $200). I immediately snapped that up. Next the Clarins counter, where I see this cute gift set (body toning stuff) for only $30 (RRP over $100), I grabbed that.

I walked down to the bags and jewellrey area, but nothing really grabbed my attention (that is a crying shame) but I spotted this really good Samsonite suitcase, down from $399 to $155! Bargain. I ummed and ahhed over it, but in the end I got it because a) I need a new one and b) it was red.

Deciding that I’d already spent enough, I made considerable effort avoiding the shoe area (I might go back there though), I headed to the stationary area and found a very nice 2007 Diary for $12 and a set of magnetic poetry for $14 (gift for friend).

Then because my arms were getting sore lugging this stuff around, I headed to the counter and paid for my purchases

Let’s do a wee sub total of purchases thus far:

Perfume - $89
Clarins gift set - $30
Samsonite suitcase - $155
Diary - $12
Magnetic poetry - $14

That’s $300. Oops.

So, my purchases are paid for and I’m walking out the door (sans suitcase, as the very sweet chap said I could pick it up after work) and past the menswear department, I spot a few racks of some very nice casual shirts. Thinking the BF could do with a few more (and maybe, just maybe I can finally throw away this fugly shirt he insists on keeping - holes, grease stains, paint splatters and all). They were $75 a pop and I got two. (That Lacoste is very costy LOL).


So absolute amount spent in less than an hour - $450. Ouch.

I'm back at the office now, trying desperately not to think about $450 on the credit card. I think I need a financial intervention. Is there some kind of rehab for people like me?

Tart at 3:33 PM |

2 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Tart, join the club...or were you president of one?

I have been very good. I only shop for kids clothes now...let's not mentioned that I am not thrilled to be size 11-14 and that's why I am not buying clothes for me...not until I go to 4-8. I know. Ambitious bitch! :)
 


At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
why don´t you change your name to becky bloomwood and get it over it? hum?

Rox