Tuesday, October 14, 2008
You probably don't want to know this, but it's my blog and I can whine if I want to, but I've got cystitis (also known as a urinary tract infection). Argh. I've had cystitis before, usually because I've had too much sex. It's not called the "honeymooners disease" for nothing LOL. I have been having quite a bit of sex lately (honestly, it's like someone flicked the "horny switch", I cannot get enough, the BF thinks it's great LOL). So I'm on antibiotics and drinking lots of cranberry juice (pity I can't add vodka and grapefruit juice and make sea breezes). Now before you think I must be some dirty skank with poor hygiene, can I just point out that I am FASTIDIOUS about the ahem, clean up, so this cystitis really sucks.

In totally unrelated (but just as painful) is that we are nearing a general election here. So the party political broadcasts and advertising and leaders debates have started. I've pretty much decided which party will get my vote, but I still cringe at all the ads. I love the billboard mashups that people have created here. I think my fave is the Hidehi one (see here on NZ Herald website), that bloody yellow jacket so looks like what they wore in the TV show, Hi-De-Hi LOL.

I went to a cocktail function tonight, it was the launch of a new programme that one of the universities has initiated. The guest speaker was a politician. With 6 weeks to the election, you can probably guess that he used this speech as a platform to preach from. A few minutes on the programme itself and why it was important and then 10-15 minutes on what great things the Labour government has done. Oh well. At least he was articulate, interesting and engaging.

Tart at 8:12 PM |

3 Comments:

At 3:50 AM, Blogger Lizzy said........
You are falling apart LOL! First your foot and now this. UTI's burn. Strangely enough, I used to get them as a little girl (when I was first potty training) and then again when I was pregnant. Not fun at all.

And it's election time here too. I love it. It's made Saturday Night Live so much better to watch LOL. And I love sporting my Obama ringtone LOL.
 


At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
UTIs are the devil! But atleast your getting them from something enjoyable as opposed to say, giving birth, argh!

I'm so tired of politics and there are several weeks left until US election day!


Ann
 


At 12:32 AM, Blogger Sanna said........
I too have UTIs all the time and I too have them after sex.

What I do is drink half a liter of water afterwards and warm my belly with a hot-water bag. Not very romantic, but it prevents you from being on antibiotic various times a year.

Love and hugs, Sanna